Friday, January 4, 2008

Saying goodbye


On November 12Th, 2007 we said goodbye to one of the strongest women I have ever known. My mother in law-beautiful and loving.
I don't have a lot to say about this, I can't ever say that I understand what my husband & his brothers and sisters feel, I can only empathize with them. My heart breaks for them and I wish I could take away the pain my husband feels every day for the loss of his Mama. And I am sad that she will not be here to see my children grow up.
I can say one thing for sure-- that she raised her son right and gave me the gift of a wonderful husband and father for my children. I will forever be grateful to her for that.
To My Other Mother:
You are the other mother I received,
the day I wed your son.
And I just want to thank you Mom,
for the loving things you've done.
You've given me a gracious man
with whom I share my life.
You are his lucky mother,
and I his lucky wife.
You used to pat his little head,
and now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy,
and then gave me the man.

1 comments:

Floresitas said...

Thanks Amy for your beautiful words and poem. It really did make me cry but for having such a wonderful sister in law that loves, understands and cares for my brother so much. And thanks for remembering my mom in such a beautiful way. You are a blessing to our family.

love ya sis,