Wednesday, January 9, 2008

SAHM_I_AM


StayAtHomeMom is what I am.
When we first decided that I would quit my job that I had been at for almost 9 years I thought my husband was crazy. What would I do at home all day long with the kids? What is the purpose? What good would I be if I wasn't bringing home an income? Would I become what my sister in law Sandra called a "desperate housewife"?
I am grateful that my husband has faith in me to do a good job at home. He is a wonderful provider so I don't have to worry about the bills getting paid. He loves me so much and loves our children so much that he will sacrifice more so that I can stay home.
March 1st, 2007 was the last day that I ever drove to work. The last day that I ever dealt with a complaining, hard-to-work-with client (I left those for my sis-in-law Brenda). The last day that I would have to listen to my daughter cry for "mommy" when I left her at the door of my mom's house.
Instead I spend the days taking care of my sweet babies. Watching them play. Singing to them. Teaching them things only a mommy could teach them. Hearing them laugh and hugging them when they cry.
Of course there are the endless dirty diapers, laundry, dishes. And the need to speak to an adult every once in awhile. But that is what email and cell phones are for.
So, this is my job, my career, if you will. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for the SAHM I ams!!!!!
It's the toughest job in the world and the most beautiful also. I wouldn't want to miss anything in my baby's life. By the way I love the SAHM I am title.