Wednesday, January 2, 2008

And then He was born...

Aaron Gerardo Flores born June 5, 2007. This was the easiest of all three of my labors. As with Lilly I went walking at the mall on the day I gave birth, it seems to work for me. By about 7pm I knew that I was in labor and having pretty hard contractions.
I had spoke with my sister in law and she was planning on having natural childbirth. I went natural with my first son and it was horribly painful. I had an epidural with my daughter and it was a wonderful experience, I could actually enjoy the delivery and wasn't completely exhausted to enjoy her after she was born.
But I thought I might try natural again because if my sister in law could do it...then so could I!
We went to the hospital about 11pm after dropping off the kids with Grandma. My husband drove like an absolute maniac since the hospital was about 45 minutes away. I knew we had time, but he was totally nervous that we wouldn't make it.
We finally got to the hospital and I was admitted but only dilated to about a 2 or 3. By about 2am I could no longer stand the pain and my thoughts of a natural childbirth went out the window as I screamed for an epidural!!
I got my epidural right away and was in complete relief from then on. Of course Gerardo went to sleep, I tried but was too excited to sleep.
Then, about 4am I started to feel contractions again. Just then my nurse came back from her lunch break and I told her. She thought that I just needed to change positions, but when she checked me, I was fully dilated and my son was already coming out!
All of the nurses started running around and they paged my doctor. Oh, and get this... they put all the lights on and the baby warmer and they are running around setting the room up for delivery and all of this time Gerardo is sound asleep on the bench in the room!!! This time he was too far away for me to hit him with my pillow so I just let him sleep until he finally woke up from the noise.
My doctor was there within 10 minutes so this brings us to about 4:20 am, he broke my water and two (yes I said 2!) pushes later Aaron just popped out at 4:30 am!! Gerardo and I didn't even get to see him come out because we were too busy preparing each other for pushing. The next thing we know, the doctor is putting Aaron on my chest!
Our perfect baby boy was finally here for us to hold and love. Born at almost exactly 40 weeks, he was the biggest of my babies at a little over 7lbs. He had lots of visitors from all of our family and friends. Everyone was excited to welcome the new baby into the world.


2 comments:

Floresitas said...

Aaawww! Precious baby boy!

Anonymous said...

I went to visit with my big belly waiting for my turn, but who knew it would be almost a whole month later! Aaron is a cute little chubby baby!