Sunday, December 30, 2007

Forget me not

Forget me not

My little one

You have left us too soon

Though my body can no longer hold you

I hold you forever in my heart

As precious and beautiful as a flower caught in time

A mother's love does not forget


Losing a baby is one of the most devastating events that can happen in a woman's life - and one of the least acknowledged. A mother who has lost a pregnancy is a grieving mother, and her loss should be recognized.
I suffered a miscarriage in July of 2006. I never imagined that it would be as painful as it was. The loss of a baby no matter when-is very devastating.
I had taken a pregnancy test a couple of weeks before the miscarriage so we knew that we were pregnant. I told my friends and family. My husband was excited and told all of his family. But early one morning God decided to take our little baby away from us. I still feel this pain like it was yesterday. I miss my baby and long to know him or her.
I have to admit my husband and I felt a little abandoned by our families and friends at this time of our loss. I guess most people thought that since I was only 7 weeks pregnant that it wasn't really a baby, or maybe they just didn't know what to say. I don't really know what our families were thinking but we didn't get much support during our time of grief. Nobody called, nobody came to visit, no flowers or cards, we were pretty much in it alone and it felt that way.
But that was okay in the end because my husband and I became so much closer because of it. Now we remember and celebrate our lost baby. We will never forget. My baby's tiny footprints will always be on my heart.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of love to you, G and baby Flores-Chavoya.