Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Bun in the Oven



A couple of months before we got married we found out that I was pregnant. A huge surprise since we had just started dating a few months before that. But we were happy and excited to welcome our little girl into the world and start our happy family. A couple of little things that we laugh about now--- The day I told Gerardo that I was pregnant he came to my apartment and after I told him he said he was happy and everything would be okay... and then he said that he had to go home because his sister Sandra had made him dinner and he had to go eat!!!! He left me alone and pregnant, but it was okay cuz I knew he was coming back! We laugh about that all the time now. Another thing we laugh about is that his sister Sandra must have had a 'sixth sense' about the situation because before we told anyone she made a comment about me being pregnant one night when we went out to dinner, we had to bite our tongues because we knew that I was pregnant but we weren't ready to tell anyone yet. That night was very interesting also because Sandra had just had her baby Alexandria and she cried and cried and cried and cried the whole time we were at the restaurant so Sandra couldn't eat, so Gerardo left and walked Alex around the restaurant so Sandra could eat. That was an insight into how my husband would handle his pending fatherhood. I knew he would make a great daddy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the?! I never heard that story! Shanita has a knack for those things...nosey rosie. hee hee hee!