Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Separation Anxiety at it's best:



My poor baby has got it BAD...yes, I'm talking about separation anxiety! I know it's typical at this age, I believe it peaks somewhere near 12 months. And I know that it's a normal stage in his development.
But OMG, it's driving me crazy!! I have to be within eyesight of Aaron at all times or there will be a complete baby meltdown. Crying huge crocodile tears, screaming, yelling, the whole nine yards.
Jacob has actually been really helpful during this time. He will sit with Aaron when he's having one of his meltdowns. Yesterday I was trying to do laundry and Aaron was, of course, screaming because he couldn't see me in the laundry room. Jacob sat and started rocking him. Then the room got quiet, so I went to check and Jacob's rocking and comfort had actually put Aaron to sleep!
Hopefully this stage of his life doesn't last too long. All I can do is comfort him and make sure that he knows that he's safe. If anyone has any tips, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! what a good big brother! how cute, he's all tirado on Jacob!

Ivan My Love said...

HOw cute! it's so great to see how big brother helps out!! gOOD JOB JACOB!!! WE LOVE YOU.

A- you're doing great!. you have three adorable and wonderful children. we love you and keep up the good work.! B-RAD