Saturday, April 12, 2008

My new job:

Spring cleaning. Those of you that have ever been to our house know it never looks like this!
What? You can actually see the dining table!!LOL. And the living room took forever to clean with all the toys and junk...as you can see it totally "knocked" Aaron out!!lol

Well, we're almost to the end of a long road to becoming foster parents! Yeah! We can finally see the light! We just past my one year anniversary of not working and I feel personally for our situation that it's about time to take some of the burden off of Gerardo.

With his job working over time not only is tiring, but it's also extra time that his life is in danger. He's such a wonderful husband, he never complains about working hard to support us, but I need to be a good wife and let him relax a little bit too!

Now, I'm not sure if adding more kids to the house is actually gonna let him relax, lol, but we'll see! He's used to a big family and lots of kiddos around all the time. Me, on the other hand, I'm a little nervous how I'm going to cope, but as always we'll take on the challenge as an adventure.

We decided to do foster care because I can still stay home and give a lot of attention to my little ones, which was the soul purpose of me being a stay at home mom. If everything works out, we can get some school age children that can go to school during the day and I can still have all my day time with Lilly and Aaron.

So there is literally about 5 pages of paperwork that still needs to get done, our CPR class that we are going to on 4/19 & our house inspection right after that. So hopefully by the end of this month we will have our license. Some of the paperwork that we need is 3 references from people who think we are good parents..hmmm, that might be hard..lol! I might have to "forge" those letters!!LOL!

So around here it's been total spring cleaning time too in preparation for the house inspection. I literally have hundreds of outfits that Lilly has grown out of! (If any of you know anyone with a little girl that needs clothes let me know!)

I will keep everyone updated on our adventure. Wish us luck, say a prayer for us and let's just hope it all works out! :)

5 comments:

Floresitas said...

wow!! Big difference!! i guess you guys are really serious about this new adventure you are taking on. I really hope it works out because then my brother will be able to spend more time with his family, who he loves so much!! :)

pookymadera said...

Yes, hopefully it works out and G can be home a lot more! We are excited! Thanks for the well-wishes, we need family support!

Anonymous said...

SWEET JESUS!!!! So that's what your house really looks like!? jajajaj Lookin' good, Riz!? Where's that from? Anywho we also hope all goes well because then my poor G-rad won't have to bust his butt no mo'. So where did all that stuff go?

pookymadera said...

My guess is "Grease"??? Is that right?
Anyway, everything is "hiding" in other parts of the house! LOL! I tried to get rid of stuff, but I think I need to have a MAJOR yard sale to be totally clutter free!!
Thanks for the well wishes 2 Noemi!
Wow, you guys are "motivating" me!! I think I'll go clean something right now!

Ivan My Love said...

VA LLOVER!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!WHO CLEANED G OR AMY??!!! HA,HA JUST KIDDING!!!LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!