Thursday, February 21, 2008

I miss my husband.


My husband is my life. He holds my heart. He guides my soul. And I miss him so much.
I only see him 8-10 days per month. Most days it's okay but some days, like today, I miss him so much it hurts.
Everything around me reminds me of him and I feel all alone because he's not here with me. I know I can talk to him and he will reassure me that everything is okay, but I just wish that we weren't in this situation.
We are probably going to be living like this for at least another couple of years until we can buy a house closer to Stockton. So we'll just have to get through it somehow. Support from our family and friends really gets us through.
Like I said, most days it's not that bad, but today I missed him so much I didn't know what to do with myself. Today Aaron started to crawl (backwards only), it was so special to be there at this moment of accomplishment for my baby, but it was sad because Gerardo wasn't there to share the moment with us. I feel guilty for this because it is because of me that Gerardo works so much, so that I can stay home with our kids. He says he doesn't mind, but I still feel guilty and hurt.
I can tell you that I love my husband so much, he just completes me in every way. I know you're probably thinking that I'm just feeling sorry for myself, and that could possibly be true, but nonetheless, it hurts the same to miss him.
Five things u don't know (or maybe do know) about Gerardo:
1. He makes up songs and sings them around the house.
2. He always wears socks and only takes them off to shower.
3. He likes to jump on the trampoline at my parents house.
4. He shakes in his sleep.
5. He writes a love letter to me every year for Christmas.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand you, to a certain point of course. My G-rad. He is cool, he's always been a cool bro and I knew he'd make a great hubby and papa. Be strong comadre. It's not easy but things won't always be like this. You and are the lucky few who get to be home with our babies and watch them grow and learn and be gente de bien.
Smile!! My bro loves you to pieces!